Friday, December 27, 2013

City Guide: NYC



Before Christmas and right after my exams finished, my mom and I took a trip to New York City. It was for just a few days, but I loved every minute of it. If you follow TBB on Instagram then you've already seen some of the places I went to, but I thought I'd give the full list here. 

Places To Eat: 
- Macelleria: Located in the Meatpacking District {on Gansevoort by Rebecca Taylor} this little Italian restaurant was amazing. While it's known for it's steaks I opted to get the straw and hay tagliolini with peas and prosciutto. 
- Eataly: Located in the Flatiron District {literally across the street from the Flatiron Building} I can honestly say I could have spent hours in Eataly. From walking around the market to trying fresh focaccia bread pizza to flipping through the cookbooks... oh it was so fun. 
- Becco: Located on Restaurant Row in the Theater District and owned by Lidia Bastianich and her son, Joe, this was probably my favorite meal of our trip. The restaurant is known for its "Sinfonia di Paste" which is what I ordered. It is unlimited table side service of Executive Chef William Gallagher's three daily pasta preparations. The pastas of the day when I went were: mushroom ravioli with a butter sage wine sauce {my favorite of the three}, tomato basil spaghetti and rigatoni with a veal ragu and peas. 
- Laduree: Located on Madison Avenue in the Upper East Side you can't miss the fresh from Paris macarons... almost too pretty to eat. And after you get them you can stroll around and admire the architecture of the UES. 

Places To Go:
- SOHO: Lot's of contemporary designers have their flagship stores there so I was in heaven. There's a Bloomingdales down there too and I highly recommend it because there were less tourists there which meant less of a crowd and easier to shop than the one in Midtown. 
- Central Park: Can't beat the views when strolling through. 
- Bergdorf Goodman: I can honestly say I was in awe when I entered. Not to mention 5F had some major sales going on and I walked away with a pretty dress. {Last night I watched "Scatter My Ashes At Bergdorf's", so good} 
- Saks: I think we went there a total of 5 times when we were there. Found some wonderful things and customer service was incredible. 
- Times Square: Touristy? Sure. But it's so fun to walk around at night and see all the lights and ad's. 
- Rockefeller Square: We went when it was snowing and the tree was all lit up! It really got us in the Christmas spirit. 
- Chelsea Market: Didn't make it this trip, but when we went several years ago it left an impression.
- DVF Flagship Store: Located in the Meatpacking District and across from The Standard. Gorgeous building and you can often see Diane in the store {the building also holds her office}. 

So what'd I miss on this trip? Are there any places you would recommend? I'd love to hear because I have a feeling I'll be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment